Chair IAG Group & Owner of CRS Media Consulting
- Over 36 years of industry experience
- Held Executive/Management positions at Conde Nast, CMG and Coast to Coast for 30 of those years
- Launched and managed the growth of such successful publications as Vanity Fair, Conde Nast Traveler, ZOOMER & Inside Fitness into the Canadian marketplace
- 2013 recipient of Newsstand Marketer of the Year from CMC and Magazines Canada
- 2002 recipient of Conde Nast Excellence Award for Newsstand Marketing & Circulation
- Post-secondary education in the areas of Business Administration, Marketing and Psychology
Director Newsstand | Consumer Marketing St. Joseph Media
- Over 17 years of industry experience
- Has been part of the Consumer Marketing teams at Rogers and is currently at St. Joseph Media.
- Worked on some of the most iconic Canadian brands including Toronto Life, FASHION, Chatelaine and Maclean’s and received multiple Newsstand awards.
- Her role has recently expanded into Audience Management
- Has also taught Magazine Marketing at Centennial College
- Holds a Double Honours degree in Mass Communication and Political Science from York University and a certificate from Ryerson in Magazine Journalism
Vice President of Purchasing TNG
- A member of TNG for over 15 years
- Currently manages all aspects of Category Management for both books and magazines for TNG retailers
- Prior to TNG ran an Indigo/Chapters large format book store
President Magazines & Books at Retail Association ~ MBR
- President of IPDA since 2006…..MBR is merged entity of IPDA & PBAA
- An industry leader with deep retail experience and knowledge
- Previous career with Wegmans Food Markets in Rochester, NY
Senior Vice President, Comag
- Manages CMG’s wholesale/logistics and retail marketing teams in the United States. He is responsible for the implementation of title specific marketing plans for Hearst, Bauer, American Media, Condé Nast, and many other brand recognizable client publishers.
- In his previous role at CMG as Vice President, Client Services, Gillen held executive responsibility for all newsstand marketing and distribution efforts undertaken on behalf of the company’s associate publisher clients.
- While under his management, CMG’s client marketing team grew annual retail sales dollars each year, while signing and retaining some of the most coveted client business in the industry.
- His leadership continues to play an increasingly pivotal role in the company’s overall success.
- Mike holds a B.S. in Marketing from West Chester University.
Director Retail Services | Marketing TNG
- A member of the TNG team for over 15 years
- Manages marketing, web and communications for TNG
- An advisory committee member for the CMC “The Voice of Audience Development”
- 2014 recipient of Newsstand Marketer of the Year from CMC and Magazines Canada
- Previously worked for a Marketing and Business Strategy Agency, developing brand, marketing and web solutions for businesses
- Holds a B.Comm Marketing degree
Vice President and COO Metro 360
- Over 20 years industry experience in various executive positions
- Held progressively senior sales management roles for CPG companies
- Part of a team that successfully integrated several companies into Metro 360
- Spearheading several magazine category space expansions in many of Canada’s leading supermarket, discount and convenience chains.
- Serve on the board for CMMI, RS2 and PMC
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration and Marketing
Director of Procurement and Supply Chain Metro 360
- A 34 year industry veteran
- Currently responsible for the purchasing and distribution of all products
- Directs the Metro360 IT group
- Involved in many corporate projects such as:
- Planning and start up of Prologix
- Scanned Based Trading implementation
- Development of numerous systems to both grow sales and reduce costs
- A system to manage Metro’s new corporate direction of being a Diversified sales & marketing organization distributing & manufacturing lifestyle products to retail
Executive Director, Magazines Canada
- Currently Executive Director at Magazines Canada
- Was Director, Government and Industry Engagement for Magazines Canada, a bilingual position she held since 2016
- Works on government relations and advocacy, maintained critical relationships with federal decision-makers, funders, and regional associations
- Also is responsible for Magazines Canada’s internal and external communications
- Over the course of her 22-year career to date, Melanie has developed expertise in cultural policy, program design and administration, stakeholder relations, and strategic communications
- From 2003–2008, Melanie was Head of the Writing and Publishing Section at the Canada Council for the Arts, where she oversaw the administration of grants and services to Canadian writers and publishers, including magazines
Manager Distribution & Special Projects, Metro 360
- Over 20 years of experience in various capacities
- Held a variety of positions for companies such as Metro News (Metro 360), ProLogix, RS2 Canada and Coast to Coast
- Extremely knowledgeable with industry-related data and is certified in IBM’s Cognos BI, Analytics and Report Authoring Software
- Involved in the creation, design and development of a multitude of industry systems and programs
- Manages Canada’s largest and most unique magazine database which combines wholesaler dealer-level sales information along with other relevant additional data